PMIS 2020 has released their revised format for the whole championship. The results of in-game qualifiers has officially announced on 5th June 2020 where only 248 teams were selected to move further.
Now, PUBG Mobile India Series released a revised format to show transparency in the event. Further to which the number of qualifying teams has increased from 248 to 992.
PMIS 2020 Revised Format:
PRE-QUALIFIERS (11th June-15th June)
- Total Teams- 992 Teams qualified from in-game qualifiers
- Groups- These 992 teams will be grouped into 62 groups of 16 teams
- Matches- Each team will play best of 2 matches.
- Map- Erangel map.
- Results- 4 Teams from each group will move on to next round. The result will be based on total points gained by a team when included placement points & Kill points
- Total Teams- 256 Teams will participate (248 Teams from in-game qualifiers + 8 direct invite teams)
- Groups- These 256 teams will be grouped into 16 groups of 16 teams
- Matches- Each team will play best of 2 matches
- Map- Erangel and Sanhok Map
- Results- 3 Teams from each group will move on to next stage. The result will be based on placement points & Kill points.
- Total Teams- 64 teams will join this session (56 Teams from Online Qualifiers + 8 Invited Teams)
- Groups- These 64 teams will be grouped in 4 groups of 16 teams for next 4 days
- Matches- Each team will play best of 6 matches
- Map- Different Maps
- Results- The top 8 teams from each group will move on to next level
- Total Teams- Top 32 teams from Quarter finals will play further
- Groups- Here 4 groups with 8 teams will battle against each other
- Matches- Teams will play several matches
- Results- The top 16 teams will move on to the Grand Finals.
- Total Teams- The top 16 teams will play further for the ultimate title
- Matches- A total of 18 matches for next 3 days
- Results- The champion squad will be crowned by “PUBG Mobile India Series 2020 Champion” title and a prize pool of INR 50 Lakhs.