Call of Duty: Warzone will get a mid-season update by this week but the overall file size as expected to be of around 57.8GB. Yes, this mid-season update, Season Two Reloaded produces a lower, optimised file size across Warzone. You will see the total footprint minimized whether you buy the complete edition of Modern Warfare and Warzone or if you own the free-to-play Warzone, Activision said. In general. Call of Duty has a reputation of pushing out enormous size files previously as well.
Call of Duty: Warzone Update is at 57.8 GB but
Reduces Overall Size
“Enhancements to the overall content management system have been made possible through data optimisation and streamlining content packs needed for individual game modes,” “Along with the ability to remove individual modes that are no longer played, owners of the full Modern Warfare experience will see more space freed on their platform of choice” “However, those who want to continue playing Campaign, Multiplayer, and/or Special Ops will need to reinstall the optimised Content Packs, which will be released alongside and shortly after the Season Two Reloaded update.” Activision said.
Here’s the breakdown of the reduction in file size:
- PlayStation 5: 10.9GB (Warzone only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PlayStation 4: 10.9GB (Warzone only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.2GB (Warzone only) / 33.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- Xbox One: 14.2GB (Warzone only) / 33.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
- PC: 11.8GB (Warzone only) / 30.6GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
In short, yes, you must download Warzone if you wish to play Modern Warfare as it has all the shared data stored for weapons / operators / etc needed for all the modes. The Warzone and Modern Warfare update is 133.6GB. We feel you COD players. Brace yourself !